The following original documents must accompany your Concealed Handgun Permit application:
Proof of Residency: Colorado Driver's License or ID Card, Military Card and Duty Orders. The address on the identification MUST match the address on the application, otherwise a second document with your current address (i.e. auto registration, utility bill, bank or tax statement) will be required.
Demonstrates competence with a handgun by submitting:
- Evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competitions or current military service
- Evidence that, at the time the application is submitted, the applicant is a certified instructor
- Proof of honorable discharge from a branch of the United States Armed Forces within the three years preceding submittal of the application, or
- Proof of honorable discharge from a branch of the United States Armed Forces that reflects pistol qualifications obtained within the ten years preceding submittal of the application,
- A training certificate from a "handgun training class" (see definitions) obtained within the ten years preceding submittal of the application. The applicant shall submit the original training certificate or a photocopy thereof that includes the original signature of the class instructor. In obtaining a training certificate from a handgun training class, the applicant shall have discretion in selecting which handgun training class to complete.
If applicable, Naturalization Certificate or Form I-1551 Alien Registration Receipt Card (Green Card) and a completed Alien Questionnaire Form.