To RENEW your Concealed Handgun Permit you may notify the Mesa County Sheriff's Office within 120 days prior to and up until the day of the expiration of your permit.
To renew your permit, complete the following steps:
- Fill out an application for renewal (this is the same form as the original application, but check the box that says renewal and write in your permit number). You must sign the completed renewal form in front of an authorized Sheriff.s Office representative, who will then notarize it for you.
- Complete a notarized affidavit stating that you are still firearms qualified pursuant to the original requirement for firearms training.
- Submit a check or money order for $48.00 to the Mesa County Sheriff.s Office.
- Return the above items IN PERSON to the:
- Mesa County Sheriff's Office
- 215 Rice Street
- Grand Junction, CO.
If you fail to renew during the prescribed renewal time, you will be assessed a $15.00 late charge in addition to the above-mentioned renewal fees. If you do not renew your permit within six months of expiration, the permit shall be deemed permanently expired, and to obtain a permit, you will need to re-apply by submitting a new application and all appropriate fees.